Big Give 2019 Christmas Challenge
DOUBLE your donation between midday on the 03rd December and midday on the 10th December to help raise funds for aodeducation which is dedicated to keeping classics alive for students regardless of income.
We need to secure our goal of £3590 in new donations to receive our total funding. If we reach this goal, then the donations will be doubled, and we will receive £7180 total for the aodeducation programme.
Donations can only be received online through the following link, make sure to donate during the LIVE period in order for your donation to be doubled! That is midday on the 03rd December to midday on the 10th December.
Development of our Ancient Greek drama workshops
We want to raise money to:
1. Continue to run free Greek drama workshops for state school students in East Sussex and London.
2. Develop a set of Greek drama and Ancient myth workshops for primary schools.
3. Enhance and consolidate our education team.
- To provide free enhanced drama workshops in education. We offer students a practical understanding of the main themes & issues in the chosen play & of Ancient Greek drama in general, exploring such areas as how a chorus works, what constitutes a tragic hero & Ancient conventions vs modern staging.
- To re-appraise our workshops & invest in our education team, enhancing & improving our education work. Facilitating training in specific areas such as up-to-date safeguarding & working with younger children. Creating new exercises & games which draw on our existing work but offer more variety.
- To increase understanding & appreciation of Ancient Greek drama & myth and to generate more interest in the subject, by inspiring students to enjoy exploring classic texts & their origins. Promoting the further study of classical subjects & keeping the Classics alive through a younger generation.
- To make a predominantly exclusive subject accessible and readily available to more young people. Focusing on state schools in disadvantaged areas where students would not normally have access to facilities and material to support their learning, thereby offering opportunities to a wider demographic.
- To inspire young people to take an interest in and be aware of the relevance of classical civilisation in modern society, taking that knowledge and understanding back to their community. Nurturing links between Ancient drama and today's world through our up-to-date workshops and bold productions.
“The whole workshop was wonderful! We are rarely able to have workshops because of the expense so thank you so much for giving us this opportunity.”
— Izzy Forrester, Archbishop Tennison’s School
“10 out of 10 – they loved it and wanted to read more Greek drama. In fact the pupils want someone to come in and show them how to perform the plays in the Greek. This was a very worthwhile experience and the pupils were inspired by this workshop."
— David Hogg, Kelmscott School
“I could not recommend this workshop enough. Mark was enthusiastic & full of energy, motivating the students, while simultaneously scaffolding his approach to different students who needed varying degrees of care & support...students were gushing afterwards at how much they had learnt & enjoyed it.”
— Jessica Ferguson, Southam College